Social Zombie

Is anyone else sick of how reliant we've become of our cell phones and devices? I feel like we're walking zombies. Or as I like to call it social zombies. The worst thing is trying to have a conversation with someone and they tell you with their pointer finger in the air, "One sec" as they stare down at their phone to finish their "comment" of a photo on Instagram or worse don't even acknowledge that you said a word at all! Trust me I'm guilty of this as well. I feel so horrible when my husband or kids asks me something and I completely missed it cause I was in a zone.
I came up with this next series titled Social Zombie when I was on a walk one morning. I realized how much beauty we miss by looking down at our phones all the time. All one needs to do is look up and see the beautiful sky, different kinds of beautiful birds, bunnies hopping around, and gorgoues flowers blooming everywhere.We miss out on moments  going on around us cause we're so absorbed in our phones. "Awe did you see that cute dog?!" I asked my daughter the other day on our way home from school. "What? Where? Awe I missed it!" She was bummed. "Well maybe you should look up from your phone once in a while." -insert rolling eyes emoji. More importantly we miss out on conversation with our loved ones and friends that we can never get back. Time flies. Our kids grow so fast, our parents are getting older and yes we're getting older. I don't ever wanna regret not having a bonding moment or missing out on a laugh or deep conversation with someone I lost because of a damn cell phone. No social media feed, funny vine, or even text is more important that. Our memories are what we will take with us and what people will remember us by. What we've done with the life we're givin not how many likes we had on FB or how many followers we have on Instagram. It is a social media world and it is exciting but lets not miss out on life's special moments because of them. Shut it off for a couple hours and see what you can accomplish with that time. On that note I'm shutting down. Hope you enjoy

Social Zombie

by Amber Turley Photography












Comments

Popular Posts