Creating Poseidon's Princess

The itch to create for me is an addiction.
Creating gives me an adrenaline rush, a feel of completion, and accomplishment. 
If I go long without creating I tend to get edgy and antsy. 
I have so many ideas that come to me daily that I get so excited about but 
do not have a model to work with at that moment. 
I have to put my creations on hold until I can find the perfect model for that art piece
 and then work around their schedule to set up the shoot. 
It gets frustrating. 
The other day I fell into this situation again and decided to  
set up a challenge for myself instead of getting frustrated. 
Create a new character from scratch. 
Who needs a model when you can create one yourself?
One of my favorite models and main models is my daughter Lexi. 
Trained since birth to smile and strike a pose she knows what I expect 
and is super easy to work with. 
Not to mention I think she's gorgous ;  )
Anyways, I have so many different photo session of her that I 
figured I can combine multiple images to create one beautiful character. 
I have never done a whole piece from scratch before and it was defiantly a challenge.
 But an exciting one and I'm happy with the outcome.
 It took a lot longer than I thought it would and
 a lot of helpful tips from my amazing household but I did it! 
I had a blast making her and as with every new project I learned a lot!
This one will always be special to me. 
May not be the finest work ever but I conquered my challenge.
I thought it would be fun to share some of the stages of how this character was created.
 Thanks for journeying with me on my growth as a Digital Artist.

Enjoy! 

Poseidon's Princess






Above are two images that were used to create our princess




Haha here's our tweaked princess stitched together. 
Every piece is separate. Hair, face, right arm, left arm, torso, and each frill of the dress 
all came from separate photos.


First collaboration. Obviously her face and hair does not work.

I wish I had the step before our next one cause I painstakingly pieced her hair piece by piece to make it look "real". It took about 3hrs and still didn't look right so I started a new approach with her hair.



Big Hair Don't Care! Umm yah I do.  I loved that her hair was starting to look flowy but it 
still didn't look right. This look would have been great in the 80's!




Finally here's the princess I've been dreaming of. 
I think she's a work of art ;  ) 
In order to get her hair right, I literally had to paint and brush her strands of hair in.
I'm looking forward to creating many more characters by scratch and perfecting my craft. 
I still have a long way to go but I get better with every image and I'm excited about it.
Thanks for reading along and I'll see you on my next adventure!




Comments

Popular Posts